Sustainability and Community Achim and Takuan von Arnim’s wine growing philosophy is set out on the sides of a sundial at the entrance to the Haute Cabriere Cellar: Sun Soil Vine Man. This represents their understanding that the elements of nature: sun and soil, work together with the vine to produce great wine, with man gently and respectfully orchestrating these elements as they create the eventual outcome and expression of the vintage. “Great wines are grown” summarises this perfectly. The three building blocks that form the foundation of Haute Cabriere are: family, focus on Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, and Franschhoek. Continue reading →
- Innovation With as distinguished a history as that of Haute Cabriere, it is impressive that the estate has such a passion and drive towards innovation, whilst still showing a great respect and wonder for the past. Pioneering has been with Haute Cabriere since the beginning. So what stories of innovation surround where Haute Cabriere is now? There are many, so here we focus on just a small selection that show what makes Haute Cabriere a wine estate that is constantly innovating and developing. Continue reading →
- [caption id="attachment_661" align="alignleft" width="300"] The Cellar at Haute Cabriere[/caption] The Past The first thing that becomes apparent when arriving at Haute Cabriere in Franschhoek, South Africa, is the immense weight of history that the wine estate bears, going as far back as 1694. To put that date in perspective, in the UK that year, both the Bank of England and Greenwich Hospital were established and according to legend, the year before in France, Champagne was created for the first time by Dom Pierre Pérignon who it is said infamously declared "Come quickly, I am drinking the stars". Continue reading →
- Selecting the perfect wines for your summer wedding With summer wedding season in full swing, there is so much to be done! Planning a wedding is a complex operation with so many variables, such as dresses and suits, flowers and cars, speeches and food. One of the more enjoyable aspects of all this hard work is selecting the wines for your big day. So how do you go about planning and selecting the right wines for your reception? Continue reading →
- One of our favourite wines, Haute Cabriere Chardonnay Pinot Noir 2012 has just won a new accolade from the Sommelier Wine Awards. One of only 43 South African wines to win a medal this year, it was awarded a bronze medal by a panel of wine experts and restaurant professionals from the UK. The fabulous Franschhoek wine was described as...
- The latest news from Haute Cabriere is their launch of is Pierre Jourdan Belle Rose Magnums. As one of our best selling sparkling wines, and perfect for wedding days, these magnums will be a great addition to the Pierre Jourdan range. The wine is currently sailing its way from South Africa and should hopefully be arriving with us at Hard...
- In the press Our wines are so cool we are getting write-ups in the Sunday Times Style magazine. New wine columnist Bob Tyrer tastes the Haute Cabriere Chardonnay Pinot Noir 2008.